Scholarships and Grants
- Home •
- Scholarships and Grants
The Julie S. Kelly Memorial Scholarship
The Julie S. Kelly Scholarship is an annual gift awarded to a hearing impaired high school senior who will pursue post secondary education.
In memory of our treasured colleague, Julie S. Kelly, OSSPEAC has established a scholarship fund for graduating high school seniors pursuing a post-secondary education (university, college, and/or technical school). Since Julie was an audiologist dedicated to helping people with hearing impairments in many ways and believed in furthering one’s education, this scholarship will be awarded to a high school senior who has a hearing impairment that will be pursuing further educational endeavors.
Submissions Due April 30. Winner will be notified by June 1.
The Support Our Students (SOS) Grant fund is designed for OSSPEAC members to purchase products that will assist students in accessing their educational curriculum. OSSPEAC members may complete and submit applications describing a student’s need for a specific item. Members may submit applications for more than one item, but each request must be submitted on a separate application form. Grants awards will range from $250-$1000. If a product’s cost exceeds $1000, the overall cost may be subsidized.
Applications will be reviewed for consideration after December 31st.
Interested OSSPEAC members must:
- Download the SOS Grant Application
- Complete the application in its entirety
- Save the application
- Submit the application by December 31st.
OSSPEAC GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP
The Ohio School Speech Pathology Educational Audiology Coalition (OSSPEAC) is committed to fostering our profession of speech/language pathology and audiology in Ohio’s universities. The OSSPEAC Graduate Scholarship has been established to raise awareness among graduate students of OSSPEAC and to recognize excellence of academic and clinical skills of individuals who plan a career in the educational setting. The OSSPEAC Graduate Scholarship is designed to assist audiology and speech pathology students enrolled in Ohio programs who have secured
- second-year graduate student status for Speech-Pathology students
- second- through fourth-year student status for Audiology students (both depending upon their respective university’s credit hour policy) by the fall.
The requirements are not based on financial need.
The applicant must have the following requirements and documentation to be considered:
- verification of student having an appropriate number of credit hours as of the fall to have second through fourth-year graduate student status
- verification of a 3.5 GPA or above
- completed application form
- one letter of recommendation from the applicant’s student teaching supervisor or clinical supervisor
- one letter of recommendation from college or faculty members on university letterhead
The selection committee will consist of a panel of at least five reviewers including but not limited to: Scholarship/Grant Committee Chairperson, OSSPEAC Audiology Representative, OSSPEAC Speech and Language Representative, OSSPEAC Treasurer and OSSPEAC President-Elect.
In addition to a $1000.00 scholarship, the student will also be awarded registration to the annual OSSPEAC conference in Columbus to be honored and recognized by OSSPEAC members.
Please submit the completed application as an email attachment to OSSPEAC@windstream.net
. Any questions can be directed to this email address.
Applications are due August 1st. The scholarship winner will be notified in September.