Click Here for On-Line Membership
OSSPEAC was founded in 1994 with 12 charter members. Today, current membership stands at over 800 members. The Ohio School Speech Pathology Educational Audiology Coalition provides a united voice for those Speech Language Pathologists and Audiologists employed in the educational setting. Your active membership is vital to the future of OSSPEAC.
Benefits of OSSPEAC membership include:
- Premium fall conference dedicated to school-based issues
- Regional workshops
- Membership Directory published annually
- Quarterly newsletter, The Communicator, provides current news and information from around the state
- Express electronic mailings as needed
- Regional representation via liaisons representing 16 geographical regions from around Ohio
OSSPEAC provides members the opportunity to purchase liability insurance well below the cost of other professional organizations
- The Julie S. Kelly Scholarship is an annual gift awarded to a hearing impaired high school senior who will pursue post secondary education
- Our S.O.S. (SUPPORT Our Students) outreach program which assists members who have students with specific needs and limited financial resources
- As a partner in the Governmental Affairs Coalition, we employ a lobbyist that coordinates our legislative strategies for major issues impacting the delivery of services in our state
- Our Legislation Committee provides legislative advocacy for consumers as well as Speech Language Pathologists and Educational Audiologists. Kelly O’Reilly, the Governmental Policy Group (GPG) lobbyist who represents the Governmental Affairs Coalition (GAC), of which OSSPEAC is a member, provides summaries of introduced/pending legislation to OSSPEAC. The Legislation Committee, comprised of the chairperson and no fewer than 4 members, also conducts legislative initiatives of the organization.
OSSPEAC offers you information, communication and camaraderie. Join over 800 speech language pathologists and audiologists in Ohio who understand and share your professional concerns.
Not a member yet? Complete the form below and join today.
2012-2013 Membership Form